Re-opening of the Parish Church 1 December 2020
- The church will open for public Mass on Tuesday morning – 10.00 a.m.
- Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to.
- No more than 50 persons are permitted in each cordoned off section of the church. Each section must keep to its own entrance/ exit route
- Strictly no movement of people between the sections during before or after Mass/ service is allowed.
- Please remain in your own section for the distribution of Holy Communion by a minister.
- Make use of the sanitising stations on entry and exit
- Masks are to be worn throughout the Mass, except when reading in public (readers) and at the moment of receiving Holy Communion.
- Those who live together in the same household may sit together.
- Do not crowd/ block entrance/ exit routes and doorways.
- Please do not gather in groups/ cluster outside in the grounds before or after Mass. Do not linger there. Simply enter and go out without delaying.
- Kindly co-operate with our voluntary stewards.
- The duration of any Mass/ service available in the church to the public is not to exceed 1 hour (60 minutes). An hour must be between two services.
- Attendance at funeral services and wedding ceremonies remains limited to a maximum of 25 persons only
- The success of all and each of the above depends on your good will and active co-operation while at church.
- Should a violation of any of the above be detected by the authorities or be reported to them, the church may be ordered by them to close and may remain closed over the Christmas season. Please be careful, prudent and diligent.
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days still remains in suspense. There was never an obligation to attend Mass on other days.
- Mass will continue to be cast via web cam.